Pray Without Ceasing: Perspectives in Spirituality Studies (PDF)
Join us in Kappel!
Registration is now open for the biennial SSCS conference in Kappel, Switzerland this June. This year, the conference, “Pray without Ceasing: Perspectives from Spirituality Studies,” is being held in conjunction with the third International Ecumenical Conference of the Center for the Study of Christian Spirituality at the University of Zürich. We hope you can join us for the entire conference, 26-29 (Monday-Thursday) June, concluding with breakfast on the morning of Friday 30 June. Registration is available here.
Here’s additional information on registering:
- The registration form will allow you to register for the entire
conference or, if your time is limited, for only the SSCS biennial
conference on Wednesday and Thursday, 28-29 June. Registration for the
SSCS conference only includes a reception and lodging on the night of
Tuesday 27 June and breakfast on Friday 30 June.
- The fee is all-inclusive, including conference registration, all meals, shuttles, cultural events, and a shared double room (with en suite bathroom) in the Kloster Kappel (Hotel Kappel).
- Single rooms and families: If you’d like a single or will be staying with your family, you may contact the Kloster Kappel directly, and they’ll work with you on the arrangements you need and collect the additional fees (+41 (0)44 764 88 10 or email@example.com). Hotel staff speak English. Here are links to information on the rooms and room prices; you’ll find the usual link at the top of the page to translate the webpages to English.
- Doubles: If you know whom you’d like to room with, simply name
that person in the “Additional information, comments or questions on
the form” part of the form. Otherwise, the conference center will place
you with a roommate, as is typical in European conferences. More on the
hotel is available here.
- Food: Outside the hotel, food is limited and pricey.
- Transportation: Those flying should come to Zurich airport, and
shuttles will run at the start and end of both the pre-conference and
SSCS conference. More information will be available closer to the
conference. If you’d like to travel at times when shuttles aren’t
running, public transportation is easy, with buses regularly traveling
between the Zurich train station and Kappel (the bus stop in Kappel is
just two minutes from the the Kloster Kappel). A link to the English
schedule is here.
- Program: We have a very full and rich program planned, including keynote talks from Andrew Prevot, Sandra Schneiders, and Kees Waaijman. Steven Chase and Lisa Dahill are among the keynote speakers at the Ecumenical Conference. We’ll also have a wonderful variety of parallel and plenary sessions, and a cultural evening including a lake cruise with dinner. The final program will be circulated as soon as it’s available, probably in early April.
- More questions? For additional questions on any conference logistics, e-mail Hannes Witzig. For questions on lodging, please contact the Kloster Kappel at Tel. +41 (0)44 764 88 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The staff speaks English.
- A PDF of the registration information is avaible here.
Holiness: On the Holy, the Holy One, Sanctification and Saints: Johannesburg, Sout Africa
Wondrous Fear and Holy Awe: University of Notre Dame